Daily news and links for Monday
- Patriots sign 10 rookie free agents and two free agents.
- Erik Scalavino profiles new Patriots OT Yodny Cajuste, who was drafted in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Angelique Fiske helps us get to know the Patriots undrafted rookie free agents.
- Paul Perillo and Erik Scalavino debate which Patriots draft pick they’re the most excited about.
- Patriots spend the offseason giving back to community.
- Patriots All Access: Draft recap; Interview with 1st-round draft pick N’Keal Harry; More. (18.45 min. video)
- New Patriots happy to be in New England. (3.11 min. video) /Worth a watch.
- From NFL Network – Which player new to the AFC East will have the biggest impact on the division? (2.21 min. video)
- Mike Reiss posts some quick-hit weekend thoughts: Tom Brady’s connection with Tyler Vrabel reflects passage of time; Former Patriots scout Jim Nagy shared his thoughts on the Patriots draft picks; More.
- Tom E. Curran’s Sunday Notes: Timing puts Jarrett Stidham in position to succeed Tom Brady; More.
- John Rooke shares what he’s thinking out loud: Celebrating Spongebob and another Patriots draft.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots Sunday news, AFC East notes: Everyone thought the Pats would take 1 or 2 TEs in the draft, but the Pats took zero; 3 Games to Glory IV; More.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) It’s been…one week: newest Patriots set for intriguing roster competition. /Chickity China…
- Kevin Duffy notes this year’s group of running backs should be the team’s deepest yet.
- Mike Dussault (PatsPropaganda) Four best Patriots rookie free agents roster bets.
- Ryan Hannable explains why undrafted rookie free agent TE Andrew Beck has good chance of making Patriots 53-man roster.
- Zack Cox gives his take on why undrafted TE Andrew Beck will be the player to watch at camp.
- Adam London notes former NFL QB David Carr believes N’Keal Harry’s make up and skill set is comparable to Larry Fitzgerald.
- Doug Kyed’s Film Review: Yodny Cajuste. Patriots may have a diamond in the rough, finding a starting left tackle beyond the first round of the draft, at 101.
- Mike Dussault (PatsPropaganda) Notes from the Film Room: Projecting Patriots 2019 rookie class
- Kevin Duffy makes the case New England is getting more than a scout QB with Jarrett Stidham.
- Doug Kyed resets the post-draft roster at QB: Fourth-round pick Jarrett Stidham could impress enough in training camp to be Tom Brady’s backup.
- Alex Reimer relays Patriots draft pick Chase Winovich explaining how he landed date with Madonna’s daughter, and proceeded to mess it up.
- Karen Guregian hears from Don Brown, who’s coached at Northeastern, UMass, UConn & B.C., on what the Patriots look for from players: Football smarts is key.
- Zack Cox NFL Rumors: Deatrich Wise in walking boot during Patriots offseason program.
- Michael Hurley makes a great point in how the NFL powers that be who want to change the overtime rules are overlooking one fairly significant thing. /Good read.
- WEEI posts some pics of Tom Brady and his posse (with some new faces) at the Kentucky Derby.
- Dakota Randall posts a clip of Tom Brady casually making (and winning) a $100K bet with Danny Amendola.
- Andrew Callahan reports the Patriots are already moving the Super Bowl banners at Gillette Stadium, ‘making room for 6’.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Morning QB: Mike Mayock on the 2019 draft, and building the Raiders in the Mayock-Gruden image.
- Peter King (ProFootballTalk) FMIA: New team, same Chuckstrong; More.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots rookie Damien Harris feels the Belichick-Saban connection.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Report: Deatrich Wise not doing on-field work right now.
- Ben Weinrib (Yahoo! Sports) Patriots spend big on UDFA who could fill Rob Gronkowski’s role.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Gronk skips Kentucky Derby for retirement party. /Plus, Florio mentions in the accompanying PFT OT video clip that the Patriots do not plan to fix the dent in the Lombardi Trophy – a decision I love.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Compensatory pick formula gets turned off on Tuesday.
- Tom Blair (NFL.com) Quarterback classes can’t be defined until NFL snaps are taken.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Nine players taken in 2019 NFL draft who could make a Super Bowl difference for their new teams. Patriots’ Harry and Winovich included.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Opinion: NFL really means Not For Long, so rookies, here’s advice on reality of league.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Poll shows strong support for changing the overtime rule.
- Alaa Abdeldaiem (SI) Fox, NFL agree to cut down on Super Bowl LIV commercial breaks.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL stays silent on Tyreek Hill.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Kentucky Derby outcome ramps up debate over replay in sports.
- Sean Philip Cotter reports Robert Kraft will have to personally show up in court later this month for a hearing on his charges of soliciting prostitution.