Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Patriots announce Rodney Harrison has been voted by fans into the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Patriots sign rookie free agent WR Xavier Ubosi out of UAB.
- Conference Call Transcript: Rodney Harrison.
- Erik Scalavino gives us a behind the scenes look at the filming of America’s Game, this time with Devin and Jason McCourty taking a look back.
- Angelique Fiske details how the Patriots made a splash at the Kentucky Derby.
- Current Patriots Hall of Fame members congratulate Rodney Harrison on being voted by fans to be inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame. (1 min. video)
- Best of the 2018 Patriots locker loom celebrations.(5.45 min. video)
- Karen Guregian gives us Rodney Harrison’s stunned reaction to his election to the Pats’ Hall of Fame: “The fact that the fans voted me in, it means more to me than, say, the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The fans got a chance to see me play every week. They got a chance to see the story, the injuries, the adversity and the comeback and the plays that were made. … They’re not going by reputation or rumors or anything like that.”
- Mac Cerullo writes, “Rodney Harrison could have made “a lot more” money had he signed with Denver, but he knew that New England provided the right fit.” The fans’ ringing endorsement is a sign he made the right move.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) Rodney Harrison elected to Patriots Hall of Fame. “…selected as a team captain in each of his six seasons with the Pats.” /Says a lot right there.
- Tom E. Curran calls Rodney Harrison the pulse of the ‘03-’04 Patriots.
- Andrew Callahan ranks the top 10 games of Rodney Harrison’s Patriots career.
- Phil Perry puts together an early 53-man roster projection: How many QBs are too many?
- Doug Kyed resets the roster at running back: If five RBs (and a fullback) don’t make the 53-man roster in 2019, then someone got hurt in training camp.
- Joseph Nocco (ClutchPoints) 3 goals for Michael Bennett in 2019 with the Patriots.
- Zack Cox Film Review: What can Patriots expect from Arkansas OL Hjalte Froholdt?
- Tom E. Curran breaks down the draft picks and gives some way-too-early grades on the Patriots’ newest players.
- Matt Dolloff checks out the 2019 crop of Patriots undrafted free agents to find the hidden gem(s) that will make the team.
- Adam London highlights former NFL RB Maurice Jones-Drew on why he thinks the Patriots won the 2019 draft.
- NESN posts Tom Brady’s Instagram of him and Gisele at the 2019 Met Gala, with coordinated outfits and typical ‘dad humor’ caption by Brady.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Check out Tom Brady and Gisele’s appearance at MET Gala.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Watch Patriots coaches brainstorm for Super Bowl LIII game plan.
- Jay Flannelly (BuzzSprout) Week After: Patriots – The Beav breaks down the sports world, with special guests and events as well. (7.28 min. audio)
- Ricky Doyle mentions how Mike Tannenbaum says the Jets thought they blew the 2000 NFL draft, regretting not taking QB Giovanni Carmazzi when he was taken in the 3rd round.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots’ big haul of first-year players goes beyond this year’s draft.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Patriots sign receiver Xavier Ubosi.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Rodney Harrison: Patriots Hall of Fame means more than Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- NFL Experts (ESPN) Answering the 2019 draft’s biggest questions. Matt Bowen thinks the Patriots rookie class will make the biggest impact in 2019; More.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Gerald McCoy isn’t long for Tampa Bay, Suh’s asking price, Cam’s recovery; More.
- Conor Orr (SI) Morning Huddle: Three offseason NFL stories we’re not talking about enough.
- Danny Heifetz (The Ringer) Get ready for the second wave of NFL free agency: Today is the first day signings won’t count against compensatory picks.
- Chad Reuter (NFL.com) 2019 NFL All-Rookie Team: WR N’Keal Harry makes this team.
- Danny Heifetz (The Ringer) The fifth-year option is NFL’s best form of self-evaluation.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Odell Beckham: I plan to turn the Browns into the new Patriots.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) From Eric Berry to Ndamukong Suh, predicting where the top 10 remaining NFL free agents will land.
- Chris Trapasso (CBS Sports) Here are 12 veteran players who could be on the chopping block after the draft.
- Gary Davenport (Bleacher Report) NFL teams that blew it this offseason.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) President wants to restore service academy waiver.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Report: Martavis Bryant plans to file for reinstatement soon.
- Scooby Axson (SI) XFL reaches deal with Fox, Disney to broadcast games.
- Scott Croteau breaks down the Robert Kraft prostitution case: Charges filed, secret video recordings, court hearings, more.
- Nick O’Malley passes along a Boston Globe report of a non-profit rejecting Robert Kraft’s $100,000 donation to the Haitian Project (provides free schooling for children of Haiti) because of the prostitution allegations.