Daily news and links for Friday
- Patriots sign LB Jamie Collins.
- Erik Scalavino reports Rob Gronkowski was back at Gillette Stadium this week as the fourth and final member of the 2018 Patriots to sit down with NFL Films and share his thoughts for ‘America’s Game’.
- Andy Hart tackles this week’s Patriots Unfiltered Q&A: Coaching staff changes and trade options; More.
- Press Pass: Duron Harmon (12.52 min. video) – Joe Thuney (6.54 min. video)
- Patriots Unfiltered: Is the defense on paper better than last year? Jamie Collins returning to the Patriots; Will the offense take a step back? More. (2 hour program)
- Phil Perry discusses the PFF analysis that finds Tom Brady still ranks among the NFL’s most accurate passers.
- Mark Daniels points out how Joe Thuney’s role has grown, while grooming the newest third-year-in-a-row starting Left Tackle after Bill Belichick mainly having two starting LTs from 2000-17.
- Doug Kyed addresses his Friday Patriots Mailbag: Should we pump the brakes on the Jamie Collins signing? /Hell no.
- CBS Boston reports Jamie Collins contract details show Patriots aren’t risking much by bringing back linebacker
- Doug Kyed resets the Patriots post-draft roster at safety: Continuity at safety over the past five seasons – four Super Bowls, three trophies – is nothing less than astonishing.
- Tom E. Curran notes Duron Harmon weighs in on the Patriots XL wide receiver crew with a DB’s point of view.
- Tom E. Curran hears from Duron Harmon how he saw the Jamie Collins’ 2016 trade as an ‘eye-opening experience’ and an NFL epiphany.
- Mark Daniels finds Duron Harmon among the Patriots excited to see Jamie Collins back.
- Kevin Duffy Patriots Notebook: Patriots excited for Jamie Collins return; Joe Thuney contract talk;
- NESN gives us the Patriots 2019 schedule against the spread.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Tom Brady posted a video of a treadmill workout, and Twitter roasted him.
- Sean T. McGuire (PatriotsWire) Stephen Gostkowski shares funny story about meeting Ben Watson.
- Adam London notes Tom Brady praises the Bruins for clinching trip to Stanley Cup final.
- NESN calls attention to the Patriots and Red Sox sharing support for the Bruins after their Game 4 sweep of the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Mark Chichester (Pro Football Focus) Most accurate NFL quarterbacks by separation in 2018.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Duron Harmon: If Bill Belichick is calling plays, we’re going to be all right.
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) 10-Point Stance: 1. NFL’s most explosive offseason storylines. Nothing stops the Patriots machine. 5. When will Robert Kraft speak?
- Conor Orr (SI) Morning Huddle: Which new coach has the toughest job?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The seven most underrated units in the NFL.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Who needs good luck in 2019? The Patriots need a playmaker to materialize on offense.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Report: Competition Committee could tweak P.I. challenge rule.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Report: Owners likely to table OT proposal again. /Good. It’s stupid.
- Jonathan Jones (SI) Time for a Rooney Rule protest: Why minority candidates should turn down a Jets GM interview.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) If Robert Kraft is exonerated, what happens next?
- Ricky Doyle notes Patrick Peterson just got popped six games for PEDs – kinda funny when he wanted the commissioner to punish Brady for ‘disrespecting the game’ [deflategate].
- Matt Fair (Law360) Ex-NFLers lose bid to overturn tighter concussion rules.