Daily news and links for Monday
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts: Chris Hogan looks back fondly on his time with Patriots; First impressions of N’Keal Harry; Possible concerns at OT; More.
- Ryan Hannable’s Sunday 7: Danny Etling reacts to Patriots’ selection of Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham; Perhaps the biggest takeaway from Thursday’s OTA session was how impressive wide receiver N’Keal Harry was; More.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) Patriotism and the NFL. /Enjoyed this.
- Mike Reiss relays Benjamin Watson, writing on Facebook Sunday, that he is facing a four-game suspension for a failed test in March of the NFL’s substances policy.
- Karen Guregian doesn’t thinks the absence of Benjamin Watson will be a big deal for the offense.
- Ryan Hannable explains what Benjamin Watson’s suspension means for the Patriots: Seferian-Jenkins is almost a lock to make the roster now and then it would seem LaCosse, Anderson, Izzo and Beck are battling for two spots come Week 1.
- Ryan Hannable believes the turnover on the coaching staff appears to be an overblown storyline.
- Karen Guregian NFL Notes: Patriots value fit over flash.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady working out with N’Keal Harry, Julian Edelman.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Ben Watson’s PED suspension will keep Patriots thin at tight end for September.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Ben Watson: I’m old, so I’m a team leader.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) Three offseason moves the Patriots could still make to boost their chances of a Super Bowl repeat.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Chris Hogan “very, very fortunate” to play with Brady, Belichick.
- Staff (ESPN) Quiz: How much do you know about Boston sports’ reign of dominance? /Writing this must have hurt.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Morning QB: The Jets right now according to Adam Gase; More.
- Peter King (ProFootballTalk) FMIA: The determination of Bart Starr; More.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) Predicting the story of the season for all 32 NFL teams: Can the Patriots become the first team to repeat as Super Bowl champions since they pulled the trick in 2004?
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) AFC East 2019 offseason grades: Patriots get a ‘B,’ while Jets ranked last amid front-office turmoil.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) NFL 2019: Ranking the top three teams ready to surprise with a big jump in win totals. Jets included.
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Ranking divisions by quarterback: AFC West, NFC West top list. AFC East is 5th.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Ranking the NFL’s 10 best tight ends for 2019: Who’s the new Gronk? /No one. Fight is for distant second.
- Sean Wagner-McGough (CBS Sports) Top 25 NFL players under age 25. No Patriots.
- Staff (NFL.com) NFL players honor fallen soldiers on Memorial Day.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Robert Kraft case exposes “serious violations of the law by law enforcement”.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Judge in concussion case dismisses three of the four lawyers for the plaintiffs.
- Arthur Weinstein (Sporting News) Former NFL players die at higher rate than their MLB counterparts, study says.