Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Zack Cox resets the Patriots tight end chart after Ben Watson’s suspension: A closer look at the other five tight ends currently vying for the starting job.
- Devon Clements (FootballMaven) Which TE benefits most from Ben Watson’s suspension?
- Alex Valles (FootballMaven) 6 position battles to watch in OTAs, training camp. 1. TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins vs. Matt LaCosse.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots News, AFC East Notes: Jerod Mayo was making his presence felt on the practice field, yelling out encouragement and signals to the inside LBs; Who emerges from the TE group? More.
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Patriots X-Factors: WR N’Keal Harry.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Why work with Julian Edelman is paying dividends for N’Keal Harry.
- James Simon finds according to BetOnline the Patriots are odds on favorites to lead the NFL in victories.
- Michael Hurley points out the internet ruthlessly shaming Aaron Rodgers for his slow beer chug at a Bucks game.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Tom Brady helps Zdeno Chara for Bruins’ incredible Stanley Cup hype video.
- Andrew Callahan welcomes Ryan Hannable on the New England No-Huddle podcast: Top 5 Patriots position battles; More. (43 min.)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Benjamin Watson can hit his incentives despite four-game suspension.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Patriots’ adjustments to Benjamin Watson’s suspension, Jets’ GM search heats up, More NFL notes.
- Dan Schmelzer (NFLMocks) Patriots: Mike Pennel an underrated offseason addition.
- Gary Davenport (Bleacher Report) Predicting every NFL team’s surprise rookie gem. Patriots: CB D’Angelo Ross.
- Kevin Patra (NFL.com) 100 days until Packers, Bears begin NFL’s 100th season.
- Jared Dubin (CBS Sports) 100 things to know 100 days out from the start of the 100th season.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) The biggest question for all 32 teams. Patriots: Who will provide the pass rush with Trey Flowers gone to Detroit?
- Cam Mellor (Pro Football Focus) Best draft-class WR by route, scheme fit with new NFL team. N’Keal Harry included.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The NFL players returning from injury who could swing the 2019 season.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Bart Starr is still the NFL’s all-time most efficient postseason passer.
- Scooby Axson (SI) Adam Gase: Sam Darnold asking questions, studying film on Peyton Manning. /’scuze me while I study up Gisele on the runway and see how that works out.
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) Top 11 all-time NFL players from service academies.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports0 Ezekiel Elliott’s Las Vegas incident ‘likely’ to be reviewed by NFL commissioner.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) One month later, no action taken regarding Tyreek Hill.
- Kevin Draper and Ken Belson (NY Times) NFL begins moves to avoid another labor war.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Opinion: List of issues for NFL’s next collective bargaining agreement overshadowed by one thing.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) CBA talks peaceful and cordial, for now.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Court finds that Buccaneers used creative accounting to support claim for Deepwater Horizon compensation. /This is wack.